Artist | Designer – For sure!
December 12 @ 13:00 - 16:00
To register for this course students and alumni need to become part of the provided incom workspace! find further information below.
A course about insurance. The course will take place live in room 105 / small lecture hall. Due to limited enrollment, please register at the link below.
Tuesday, December 12, 2023 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
The topic of “insurance and coverage” for designers is becoming increasingly complex. And especially self-employed and freelancers are expected to take care of their own affairs after their studies. At the same time, hardly anyone understands the intricacies of the artists’ social insurance fund and the pension fund. When and how do I join the KSK, and what do I get out of it?
What insurance coverage do I really need, and what can I do without? How can I draw up a sensible financial plan? What does my coverage look like in old age? How can I insure myself against occupational disability, even as a creative?
This seminar will show which options for private coverage are really necessary, and how they can be combined with benefits from state institutions.
with Jan Käpernick. He is an actor and insurance specialist (IHK), active as a guest lecturer at many high schools and vocational schools throughout Germany.
- Art / Design as a profession: Basics for self-employment (10/26/2023)
- Finding your way through the application jungle: An application guide to project proposals and grants (11/02/2023)
- Artificial intelligence and analog stupidity (11/16/, 11/23/, 11/30/2023)
- Stay Strong – Resilience for Artists and Designers (12/19/2023)
- »Lipstick on the Gorilla?« – Art in public space (01/11/ + 01/25/2024)
- Art and conditions (02/01/2024)
- Rhetoric (02/07/ + 02/08/2024)